Please note, this position is located at Snowshoe Mountain Resort in Snowshoe, West Virginia
We are looking for people who are passionate about life and what they do. People who love the mountain lifestyle and who want to be at Snowshoe! We seek qualified candidates that exemplify our Core Values of Performance, Integrity, Collaboration, Environment, and most of all Fun!
Our goal at Snowshoe is to provide exceptional mountain experiences for our guests, employees, and community. We do so by embracing authenticity, celebrating our differences, and finding ways we can all connect through our shared passion for the mountain. At Snowshoe everyone is welcome, and we encourage you to be yourself. Simply put, you belong up here and we can't wait to see you on the mountain!
Work, Play, Get Paid and Enjoy the Perks:
RESORT OVERVIEW, CULTURE AND VISION
- Free skiing + riding privileges with direct to lift access at 14 iconic resorts including: Snowshoe Mountain, Stratton, Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat and more!
- 401(k) plan (Available to any employee over the age of 18)
- 12 Discounted Friends and Family $25 Winter Lift Ticket Vouchers
- 30% - 45% off Snowshoe food & beverage locations (excludes alcohol)
- 30% off soft goods and 15% off hard goods at Snowshoe owned retail locations.
- Pro Deals from some of the industries top brands such as Smartwool, Smith, Dakine and North Face
Snowshoe is the premier destination for Mid-Atlantic and Southeast skiers, snowboarders and winter enthusiasts. We offer 257 acres of skiable terrain, 1500 vertical feet, 57 trails and the best snow around. Enjoy our world class events, cool mountain temperatures, beautiful vistas and 11,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness.OUR VALUES
Our organizational values describe our shared beliefs. This is what is important to us as an organization. This is how we want to treat each other and our guests.Respect Excellence Safety Sustainability FunPOSITION SUMMARY
The Recruiting Manager is responsible for development, implementation and coordination of strategies designed to recruit, hire, and retain high quality employees at all levels of Snowshoe Mountain, Inc. Manage recruiting, employment, internal communication, and support of staffing activities of the company in relation to our values and established goals and objectives. Analyze and predict future workforce and employment-related needs for the organization. Primarily responsible for implementing the Snowshoe recruitment strategy by utilizing formed partnerships with all hiring managers, supervisors, directors and vendors. Must develop new partnerships and actively seek new innovative recruiting practices. Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices for sourcing, diversity recruiting and general recruitment processes. Must be web literate and is accountable for keeping updated all web initiatives, print advertisements, marketing collateral, social media, and related channels. Responsible for both domestic and international recruitment plans, including work visas. Create HR Metrics as it relates to recruiting to monitor the effectiveness of these efforts. Must be able to create win-win situations for qualified applicants and hiring managers/supervisors alike, comfortable speaking in public, creating presentations, and interviewing applicants in various settings. Develop and deliver interview and selection best practices to various levels of hiring managers.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage, train and coach recruitment coordinators and screen for Snowshoe Culture
Build and ensure implementation of recruitment strategies that includes diversity of hires, internship programs and specialized schools
Maintain and develop weekly, monthly, and yearly recruiting metrics and reports.
Manages resort background check program and makes decisions on flagged background checks as needed.
Manage the full-cycle international employee process from recruiting to off-boarding. Supervise visa processing for employees working on H2B, J-1, and other visas annually. Able to confirm employment offers, communicates visa information to employees, communicate with managers and employees regarding the process. Travel to other countries as needed, arrange Social Security application process, etc. to ensure positive experience for employees and managers.
Maintain current workforce plans and communicate with hiring managers and corporate recruitment staff as needed.
In partnership with Marketing, manage and maintain Snowshoe social media sites with recruiting materials and updatesOversight of Domestic Recruiting duties that include:
Oversight of International Recruiting duties that include:
- Monitor staffing levels in business units and proactively provide recruiting support
- Oversee all aspects of talent acquisition and direct hire process, including but not limited to: identifying new sources of talent, developing recruiting campaigns, establishing referral sources, and organizing internal transfers
- Increase applications to deliver a 3:1 application ratio
- Institute successful and fruitful internship programs, establishing lasting relationships with local colleges and universities
- Screen, interview and process applications and lead onboarding process
- Complete job offers for year round staff
Planning & Reporting
- Oversee visa filing process with designated agency, Department of Labor and US Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Identify international hiring needs and partner with third party agencies to hire J-1 and H-2B workers to meet seasonal business demands
- Serves as a support liaison for international workers during their employment
- Coordinate with the social security offices and financial institutions to obtain necessary documents and accounts for our international workers.
- Create a yearly schedule for airport pickups, social security office trips, Walmart trips, required cultural trips, and other transportation needs of international workers.
- Develop metrics, track recruiting initiatives and prepare and analyze weekly reports for long term planning purposes and for ROI
- Create job advertisements that are engaging, exciting and encourage applicants to apply
- Develop a recruiting strategy that attracts a diverse and qualified applicant pool by identifying new opportunities and channels that maximize our ROI
- Partner with hiring managers to review, analyze, and clarify job descriptions and gain understanding of their business operation
- Improve and enable the hiring manager experience by educating, training and guiding them through interviewing, hiring and onboarding best practices
- Effectively leverage social media platforms as a recruiting tool, developing ways to track the impact of each platform.
- Stay current on technical recruiting knowledge and industry trends and comply with all federal, state and local laws
Assist with other HR duties as neededOther duties as assignedJOB REQUIREMENTS, QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTSREQUIRED
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all employees, applicants and HR business
- High School diploma or GED
- 2-3 years experience in recruiting
- 1-2 years experience supervising others
- Experience with both direct and indirect hiring
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Willingness to travel (day or overnight) as needed
- College degree, preferably in HR or Business
- 1-2 years experience in outdoor industry (bonus points if within ski industry)
- Understands business complexities and assumes responsibility for driving change
- Leads employees or teams of employees to achieve goals
- Guides employees through periods of change, even during difficult times or in the face of hard business decisions
- Exhibits honesty, integrity in an environment of mutual respect and trust, core values, reliability
- Is inquisitive and curious, always asking questions; Seeks new and/or different or ways to improve the business; Thinks outside the box
- Is recognized by others (internally and externally) as being engaged in their role, and someone who can often see things that others have not
- Inspires, motivates, develops, energizes, and creates engaged employees, with a solid record of employee retention
- Demonstrates true passion for the job, the resort, and the company overall
- Displays rigorous commitment to the environment, financial and safety of self, business, and inherent risks through stewardship.
- Communicates clearly and appropriately - both orally and in writing
- Responds to questions or requests in a timely manner
- Conducts regular one-on-one and departmental meetings to ensure a good flow of information
- Recognizes and rewards the achievement of his/her team and others; Ensures thank-yous are delivered
- All communication is down home and strives to improve upon a high level of guest service in a friendly manner
- Proficient in use of technology to include Excel, Word, the Internet, desktop publishing and database management software programs. Is able to learn quickly those applications not known.
- Achieves high-quality business outcomes for the division as well as delivering good results that help the business overall
- Delivers highly accurate end-work product personally and through overseeing others
- Able to analyze numbers and draw conclusions from statistical information
- Meets or exceeds financial goals, budgets, forecasts
- Creates successful strategies that produce results, but is also willing to accept responsibility for shortfalls when appropriate
- Ensures a guest driven atmosphere and improves commitment to a service level that exceed our guests' expectations
- Adapts and is flexible to changing business circumstances across a season, a fiscal year, and/or multiple years; Exhibits willingness to change
- Adjusts budgets and reforecasts as needed across the year based on changing business needs
- Exhibits flexibility in their thinking, will bend when needed, and will lobby others to change when necessary
- Inspires a unified team through understanding was is required for successful, cooperative and fun team success
Position may require occasional overnight or day travel. Any employee or volunteer who operates a company vehicle including cars, trucks, snowcats, snowmobiles, or heavy equipment is required to comply with the Driver's Standards Policy. This policy also applies to employees or volunteers driving their personal vehicles for company business more than four times per month, averaging 30+ miles per trip. All drivers should receive a full copy of the Alterra Driver's Standards Policy; if you have not - please contact your Risk/Safety or HR/EE Department.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- This position is often required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays. Significant indoor and outdoor mobility throughout the Resort is required.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.An Equal Opportunity Employer