Home health is a rapidly expanding market offering long term job security.
Today, approximately 10,000 Americans will turn 65 years old, and 10,000 more will cross that threshold every day for the next 15 years! Employment of home health aides is projected to grow48 percent from 2012 to 2022, much faster than the average for all other occupations.
Loved Ones offers Competitive Pay and Flexible Schedules.
What do Home Health Aides Do?
Home Health Aides enable patients to stay in their homes by monitoring and recording patient condition; providing support and personal services; and helping to educate families.
Employment Type: Part/Full Time Available
Home Health Aide Skills and Qualifications:
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED
- Home Health Aide Certification is provided to successful applicants, by the employer
Home Health Aide Job Duties:
- Monitors patient well-being by observing physical and mental condition.
- Supports patients by providing housekeeping and laundry services; shopping for food and other household requirements; preparing and serving meals and snacks; running errands.
- Assists patients by providing personal services, such as, bathing, dressing, and grooming.
- Helps patients care for themselves by teaching use of cane or walker, special utensils to eat, special techniques and equipment for personal hygiene.
- Helps family members care for the patient by teaching appropriate ways to lift, turn, and re-position the patient; advising on nutrition, cleanliness, and housekeeping.
- Records patient information by making entries in the patient journal; notifying nursing supervisor of changing or unusual conditions.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy patient environment by following asepsis standards and procedures; maintaining security precautions; following prescribed dietary requirements and nutrition standards
- Protects the home care agency by adhering to professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances service reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Loved Ones is an Equal Opportunity Employer
ALL APPLICANTS ARE SUBJECT TO A NATIONAL CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, NATIONAL ABUSE/NEGLECT REGISTRY CHECK, DRIVING RECORD CHECK, CREDIT CHECK, & A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREENING