Job Title: Full time Teacher position (2)
Qualifications: The successful candidate will possess the skills and have demonstrated success in teaching at the elementary level with emphasis and strength in the areas of Language Arts and Math. The candidate should be flexible and adaptive and be able to work cooperatively with staff members, administration, school families and community members. The candidate should also demonstrate use of technology to enhance student performance.
Requirements: Applicants must possess a valid West Virginia Teaching License and be available to take VIRTUS training before the beginning of the school year. Preference will be given to the candidate with previous Catholic School teaching experience.
Job Description: A teacher at Saint Agnes Catholic School will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of Catholic identity
- Participate in adult faith formation and professional development opportunities
- Effectively uses catechetical methods
- Create sacred ground as part of the classroom environment
- Participate in sacramental preparation of students
Planning and Preparation:
- Demonstrate knowledge of content and pedagogy
- Demonstrate knowledge of students
- Set instructional outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge of resources
- Design coherent instruction
- Design student assessments
The Classroom Environment
- Create an atmosphere of respect and rapport
- Establish a culture for learning
- Manage classroom procedures
- Manage student behaviors
- Effectively organize physical space
- Demonstrate effective communication with students
- Use questioning and discussion techniques
- Engage students in learning
- Utilize assessment to guide instruction
- Demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness
- Reflects on teaching
- Maintains accurate records
- Effectively communicates with families
- Participates in the professional community
- Grows and develops professionally
- Demonstrates professionalism
- Working knowledge of and a strong commitment to the mission of fostering lay leadership in the Catholic Church.
- Excellent communications skills including written, verbal, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent human relations and interpersonal skills; must be a self-starter and be well-organized; must be a team player.
- Be available for evening meetings as necessary.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in the use of computer technology including Microsoft Office and related educational technology; ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Flexibility in assessing needs and strategies and adapt appropriately in a ministerial environment.
- Professional bearing and clean and neat personal appearance.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university in Education or related discipline applicable to teaching assignment
- Valid State Teaching Certification
- Practicing Roman Catholic, in good standing
- Masters Degree in related area
- Demonstrated experience teaching in a Catholic School
- Sucessful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade level
- Valid State Teaching Certification in the appropriate grade level and/or subject
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiates instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of elementary school curriculum and concepts.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, administration and colleagues.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
The St. Agnes School, a Pre-K-5th grade school located in the Kanawha City area of Charleston. All interested individuals should contact the school at 304-925-4341 for and application. All resumes can be emailed directly to the school principal at firstname.lastname@example.org.