Status: Part-time employment (24 hours per week). “At will” position
The Gabriel Project of WV seeks a dynamic Administrative Assistant to carry out the day-to-day support functions of the State Office and the Metro Valley Chapter. This position requires a creative, detail-oriented and personable go-getter, highly organized and able to multi-task within a limited work schedule.
The Administrative Assistant position includes both clerical and marketing/fundraising responsibilities. The Administrative Assistant provides general office support, maintains donor and client databases, and assists with fundraising projects, financial transactions and recordkeeping, baby item purchasing, grant research and reporting, and public information activities. The Administrative Assistant is based at the State Office in South Charleston although some local travel is required.
- Provides clerical and secretarial office support (i.e., typing, filing, phone answering).
- Responds to routine or general inquiries. Refers client calls to the appropriate Gabriel Project entity or to outside resources.
- Arranges meeting logistics and distributes information to meeting participants.
- Composes letters, reports, e-mails, etc.
- Maintains and updates the donor and client databases. Prepares appreciation letters, tax receipts and other paperwork for in-kind and monetary donations.
- Assists the Executive Director with grant research and reporting requirements.
- Maintains and updates client statistics, insurance policies, business and charitable registrations, and other organizational records.
- Prepares bank deposits and handles bill payments and other financial transactions.
- Runs business-related errands to the post office, bank, Metro Valley Chapter office, retail stores and other local locations.
- Assists Metro Valley Chapter volunteers with office operations and client and volunteer scheduling. Purchases baby items, under the direction of the Executive Director and within funding resources, to fulfill client needs at the Chapter office and local Metro Valley client services sites. Provides direct client assistance on a temporary or emergency basis at the Chapter office as needed to supplement volunteer efforts.
- Works with the Executive Director in developing and distributing materials for print, web and video media to raise public awareness of the Gabriel Project’s mission, programs, and funding needs.
- Creates and electronically distributes the organization’s newsletter.
- Regularly generates, edits, publishes and shares content on various social media networks to build meaningful client and donor connections for the Gabriel Project and its chapters.
- Assists the Executive Director in planning and implementing fundraising activities for the State Office and/or the Metro Valley Chapter.
- Performs other duties as assigned or with supervisory approval that further the effective operation of the State Office and/or the Metro Valley Chapter.
- Adheres to all Gabriel Project policies and procedures in the fulfillment of the above duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Associate degree in relevant field or equivalency business training.
- One or more years of demonstrated experience as an administrative or office assistant strongly preferred.
- Preference will also be given to candidates with prior employment in a nonprofit organization.
- General knowledge of office and business management procedures.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- Familiarity with the internet, email, and social media platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to accurately follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Possess initiative, creativity, a positive “can do” attitude, flexibility, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and multi-task within a limited work schedule.
- Ability to maintain client, donor and financial record confidentiality.
- Ability to interact with impoverished clients in a caring, compassionate manner.
- Willing and able to work within an ecumenical, faith-based environment.
Position also requires reliable personal vehicle access, valid driver’s license and vehicle liability insurance coverage. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
How to Apply:
Email cover letter and current resume to: email@example.com.
Or mail to: Gabriel Project of WV, PO Box 4663, Charleston, WV 25364.
No Phone Calls Please. No Product or Services Solicitation.